Kyara doesn't care about Good Hair

Posted by Kyara | Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009

I remember when I was a little girl, my grand mother used to dress my hair. It was so painful that I was trying to escape her grasp. She would hit my head with the comb and ask "Why don't you have good hair?". That scenario would repeat itself every weekend of my childhood. But what exactly is good hair?

I don't know if you've heard, but Chris Rock has filmed a docu-comedy about hair. The idea came to him when his little girl came home crying one day asking why she did not have good hair.

That question motivated him to go across America and India in order to learn more about why black women spend so much time and money for their hair to look different (white).
I'm definetly going to see this Prize winning Documentary (Sundance Film Festival '09) as soon as it gets released!


Have a look at these two short clips:







K.

Comments (1)

I have no words for the 2nd clip. smh