She rocked it both ways : Gelila Bekele

Posted by Kyara | Posted in , | Posted on Sunday, May 03, 2009

I want to add a new feature to "Trendy Curly Hair": She rocked it both ways... The idea came to me when I saw the the pic of Oprah with her natural hair so I wanted to show people who rock straight and curly hair.


I'm sure that like Oprah, there are lots of natural chicks that keep straightening their hair and I woulld like to spotlight them!

The beautiful model I chose for the first "She rocked it both ways", as you can guess from the pic, is Gelila Bekele.
This picture shows her with a stunning natural hairstyle!!
This haristyle can be achieved by braiding the crown of your hair and twisting the strends in the back of the head.
To obtain the finished producted of the first picture, you just have to pin the twists up with bobby pins in an artistic way.
This wonderful ethiopian girl is 25 and has been working with ford models for several years now. She is said to be dating Tyler Perry (actor and movie maker).







Here is a picture of them having fun in the Opening Gala of Tyler Perry's new Motion Picture & Television Studio on October 4, 2008 in Atlanta (Getty images)












Gelila has beautiful curly hair but she sometimes straightens it for fashion shows



I must say that I prefer the curly style. She looks more natural and stands out of the crowd.
Which style do you like most?


COMMENT, SHARE OPINIONS AND ANSWER TO THE POLL :)

Here is a video where Gelila is explaining her haircare routine (She uses Pantene daily renewal shampoo and conditioner):



Next one will be Oprah. If you have suggestions about other curlies who rock it both ways, please send them to me!

Stay tuned for the next "She rocked it both ways"!!!


K.

Comments (3)

Hi Kyara,

I'm a young african woman and i very like your new style, you look very nice.
I think it's couragious of you back to your natural hair.

I'm waiting for more picture and advices :)

see you!

flo

Hi Kyara,

I'm a young african woman and i very like your new style, you looks very nice.
I think it's couragious of you back to your natural hair.

I'm waiting for more pictures and advices :)

see you!

flo

Gelila is stunning in curly hair. In straight hair she looks average. The curly hair makes her look exotic and makes you envy her hair :)